Handball123
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danish League 23/24

+6
Mr007
masch1
Anol
Handballer1991
Nomoco
Dofer
10 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Danish League 23/24 - Page 4 Empty Re: Danish League 23/24

Post by masch1 Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:07 am

Anol wrote:
masch1 wrote: (also there are only representatives of the top clubs and mens clubs in this group of people setting forward the suggestion. You could question wether they have their eyes on their own club and league first.

EDIT: I think it would be a good idea with 2 relegated clubs though. And fewer matches for the topteams.
that's not true. there are representatives from both 1.divisions too. and it's not some small volunteer person from the rural area that the big clubs can push around. One of them i Peter Bredstorff Larsen. There is no way that he is gonna let anyone push him around. And notice that I have never said that the big clubs are NOT concerned with themselves. But the narrative that is underlying here, that the smaller clubs are only thinking off what's best for the league and the talent development overall, that narrative, is idiotic and kind of insulting. I don't even blame them that they think of themselves first. I do blame them when they pretend to do something else.

Furthermore I have never personally said that I care how many teams are in the league, just that I want fewer matches. And yeah as you know, I believe that you are mistaking correlation for causation when it comes to the current "success" of the NT and the amount of teams in the league. But we don't have to get into that one again Smile

But at least we do agree on the two relegations spots, I see that as a win Laughing

Ok, 1 representive from women's 1st division and the rest from the top womens teams. It may work fine in other matters, but in this case there should be a wider spread of reprentatives and only from the womens league. Otherwise it seems like something just being forced on the lower placed clubs.

I don't think they are necessarily pretending, not any more than when some of the topclubs (and TV2) argue that too many clubs kill the interest and hurts the sport. Of course they have their own interest at mind, but they can also truly be convinced of the other consequences at the same time. With a few exceptions perhaps.  

I know that you think that, but the suggestion here (that will probably be forced through despite what the majority of clubs say) is to cut the number of teams. Which I really believe will be a huge mistake. A smaller league was really hurting the NT in the past and I fear it will again if/when this is decided. The only hope is that more of the best players playing abroad will make some more room for talents in the best teams and allow more of them to play in europe.

Yep, that's something Smile 2 relegated teams would surely create more excitement in the lower end of the league.

Edit: Concerning you last comment - I really hope that will be the case. Seems like by far the best solution imo.

masch1

Back to top Go down

Post by Anol Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:33 am

The most revolutionary thing about this whole thing is that now the "smaller" clubs for the first time ever are open to looking at creating a situation where it is possible to cut games for the topteams. Over the last many years the attitude has always just been complete dismissal of whatever the top teams were arguing.

Making it easier to get into the league could hopefully get the top 1.div teams to invest more to get that promotion and thus creating better conditions for their players to develop. Contrary to popular belief you can actually develop your talent in the 1.div, just look at Louise Søndergaard, Ida Marie Kaysen and Helena Elver. But I do think that the league teams will fight tooth and nail to get the two relagation spots removed.
Anol
Anol

Back to top Go down

Post by Anol Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:25 pm

The Team Esbjerg-Bjerringbro game has been scheduled to the 31st of januar.

So Esbjerg will play Horsens(away) on the 30th jan, Bjerringbro(home) on 31st jan  Evil or Very Mad  and then travel to Metz to play on the 4th feb

I wonder who has decided this insane playing date. In the ruling about the game it says that it is "DanskHåndbolds administration" whatever that means
Anol
Anol

Dofer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dofer Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:50 pm

Anol wrote:So Esbjerg will play Horsens(away) on the 30th jan, Bjerringbro(home) on 31st jan  Evil or Very Mad  and then travel to Metz to play on the 4th feb
This is absolutely crazy.
Dofer
Dofer

Anol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchfan Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:15 pm

Anol wrote:The Team Esbjerg-Bjerringbro game has been scheduled to the 31st of januar.

So Esbjerg will play Horsens(away) on the 30th jan, Bjerringbro(home) on 31st jan  Evil or Very Mad  and then travel to Metz to play on the 4th feb

I wonder who has decided this insane playing date. In the ruling about the game it says that it is "DanskHåndbolds administration" whatever that means
I understand it has to be replayed, but there have to better options then this...
Dutchfan
Dutchfan
Admin

https://handball123.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anol Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:23 pm

Dutchfan wrote:
Anol wrote:The Team Esbjerg-Bjerringbro game has been scheduled to the 31st of januar.

I understand it has to be replayed, but there have to better options then this...

Once it is decided that it has to be played, then not really. Looking at the match schedule there really is only one better time and that is the 14th feb. just before the game in Bucharest. But the Danish federation did not choose that for some reason
Anol
Anol

Dutchfan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dofer Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:03 pm

Odense - Nykobing, for all Odense's fans in the Netherlands, Hungary and all around the world:

First half (989mb): https://www.mediafire.com/file_premium/j84fdx0ipjrhavo/ODE_NYK1.ts/file

Second half, minutes 30-53 (707mb): https://www.mediafire.com/file_premium/bvgojzznkmasjqc/ODE_NYK2a.ts/file

Second half, minutes 56-60 and post-game interviews with Elma Halilcevic, Helena Elver and Dione Housheer(440mb): https://www.mediafire.com/file_premium/rsbwqfumftm6k8v/ODE_NYK2b.ts/file
Dofer
Dofer

Dutchfan and InspJuve like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anol Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:53 am

Anol wrote:Once it is decided that it has to be played, then not really. Looking at the match schedule there really is only one better time and that is the 14th feb. just before the game in Bucharest. But the Danish federation did not choose that for some reason

Turns out that the 14th of february wasn't an option after all cos Esbjerg are playing a 3rd division team in the cup on the 15th.....
Anol
Anol

Back to top Go down

Post by InspJuve Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:25 pm

Dutchfan wrote:

The better option was playing the game day after, and hosting the Lubin two days later, but now it's a little late for that.

It is over the top of everything rescheduling it straight before the away clash in Metz, it's like the league is against their own top teams. Last year the playoff around the CL and EL F4, now this, and the cup games whilst CL group stage is still running.

InspJuve

Back to top Go down

Post by Anol Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:37 pm

InspJuve wrote:
Dutchfan wrote:

The better option was playing the game day after, and hosting the Lubin two days later, but now it's a little late for that.

It is over the top of everything rescheduling it straight before the away clash in Metz, it's like the league is against their own top teams. Last year the playoff around the CL and EL F4, now this, and the cup games whilst CL group stage is still running.

even that wouldn't have been an option, cos the police recommendation was exactly the same the day after. So eventhough that was bjerringbros initial suggestion, they wouldn't have come anyway
Anol
Anol

InspJuve likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by masch1 Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:28 am

So Esbjerg apparently asked for the games to be played in 24 hours. Its actually against the rules so Dansk Haandbold couldnt have placed it like that themselves. https://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2024-01-30-esbjerg-skal-spille-to-kampe-paa-under-24-timer

masch1

InspJuve likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anol Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:18 am

masch1 wrote:So Esbjerg apparently asked for the games to be played in 24 hours. Its actually against the rules so Dansk Haandbold couldnt have placed it like that themselves. https://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2024-01-30-esbjerg-skal-spille-to-kampe-paa-under-24-timer

apparently, but my guess is they only did so to have as much time between the bjerringbro game and the metz game as possible. That they asked for it themselves doesn't make the entire thing any less insane. no matter when that game would have been placed, it's insane.

Esbjerg has 10 games (+ travelling days) in the next 25 days. If people can't see that there is a need for creating more room in the match calender, then it's because that they don't want to.
Anol
Anol

InspJuve likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InspJuve Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:16 pm

I can make an educated guess after reading the letter signed by the 11 clubs, but noone will like that either. Start Kvindeligaen a week early and finish a week later than the current schedule. The cup F4 finally got a better place comparing it to February/April, so this would create some gap around mid March for occasional extra games and to start playoff a bit ahead.

InspJuve

Back to top Go down

Post by Anol Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:18 pm

think it will be difficult to extend the season since the players are also entitled to their 6 weeks of holiday, which can basically only be during june and july. and in an olympic year they basically just don't have any holiday. Can be done ofcause but it will mean at the top teams get their preseason cut short. So that would unfairly make the top teams conditions worse than everybody else. Last season Skanderborg played their last game of the season at the end of April. APRIL! Why is that reasonable?

I don't know what the solutions is. Honestly don't think that there will be a solution cos the "small" teams don't give a shit, and fair enough I guess, they will do what is in their own interest. Maybe the top teams will be allowed to enter the cup later than the case is now, but that's it I believe.

ps. honestly wouldn't mind if the Santander Cup was scrapped entirely. And certianly the Super Cup too. what a pointless match
Anol
Anol

Dutchfan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InspJuve Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:36 pm

Anol wrote:think it will be difficult to extend the season since the players are also entitled to their 6 weeks of holiday, which can basically only be during june and july. and in an olympic year they basically just  don't have any holiday. Can be done ofcause but it will mean at the top teams get their preseason cut short. So that would unfairly make the top teams conditions worse than everybody else. Last season Skanderborg played their last game of the season at the end of April. APRIL! Why is that reasonable?

I don't know what the solutions is. Honestly don't think that there will be a solution cos the "small" teams don't give a shit, and fair enough I guess, they will do what is in their own interest. Maybe the top teams will be allowed to enter the cup later than the case is now, but that's it I believe.

ps. honestly wouldn't mind if the Santander Cup was scrapped entirely. And certianly the Super Cup too. what a pointless match

I would not blame it on Skanderborg (or any 9-13 teams), the indifferent distribution of the playoff results in a shorter season for them (5 vs 8 teams). Besides most of their players are working and/or studying so they are just having handballfree months. And another thing, what is the difference? Now the league has 1 direct relegator. That means, as soon as you can tell who is going down (this season it became pretty obvious instantly), you can have the rest of the season however you want, next important games are (worst case for the 13th) two against the Division 1. 2nd/3rd when they reach that point. Tops. And this is the point what you are referring as "the "small" teams don't give a shit", this is why there are 70+ goals in 60 minutes.

When they started to talk about reducing the number of participants by two, my first thought was, ok, more balanced playoff 6-6 teams or whatever. But the one thing they want to keep untouched is the playoff for the win. Now _that_ means (or would mean) and even shorter season for the 9-12th placed teams. Bam.

Supercup could go to the bin I agree.

InspJuve

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchfan Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:52 pm

They also can look at how they organise it after the main season. Maybe no play-offs or that the places 5 to 8 have to play eachother first instead of 2 groups with places 1 to 8
Dutchfan
Dutchfan
Admin

https://handball123.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InspJuve Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:59 pm

Dofer wrote:
dvsc1902 wrote:Hey there. Is there any way I can watch Odense's league games on the Internet? I'm from Hungary and I haven't found any possibilities yet, but I like Odense so would like to watch their matches.
It's almost impossible. Danish teams don't stream their matches. The only tv channel that broadcasts games is the Danish TV2, but you can't watch it without a Danish credit card. Also it shows only about one game each round, so many of Odense's games aren't even broadcasted. Danish people are nice, but TV2 isn't nice for spectators from abroad Crying or Very sad

The only way to watch tv2 live is to subscribe to an iptv underground service, but it's probably too much effort and money just to watch Odense. However, I'm subscribed to such a service and try to upload the recorded games here.

If I were chasing this issue I would check the details. I have a feeling you can pay for a TV2 Gavekort without having a danish card. And that is reducing your additional expenses to a VPN (not sure which channels you exactly get though). I am personally not encouraging anyone to try watching the sacred channels abroad of course. Mainly because it is literally a p¦sstake what they call as broadcasting the women's league. Now they seem working it up to 3-4 a month (still not costeffective if you are watching only that), but September/October for example was a bad joke.

And here comes the part the Divisionforeningen/DanskHåndbold should think about by "making the league more attractive". Somehow other countries already sorted the broadcasting problem out with on-demand/yearly solutions (Norway, Germany, Sweden), ridiculously cheap subscriptions (France) or free (? Russia). I have a feeling I will have to skip the Odense game today as well...

InspJuve

Dofer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InspJuve Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:02 pm

Dutchfan wrote:They also can look at how they organise it after the main season. Maybe no play-offs or that the places 5 to 8 have to play eachother first instead of 2 groups with places 1 to 8

They _could have looked_, but apparently that part will not going to change according to the proposal sent out to the clubs. (That means no discussion on that part in my book)

InspJuve

Dutchfan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dofer Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:51 am

InspJuve wrote:I have a feeling you can pay for a TV2 Gavekort without having a danish card.
Interesting option, thanks. My iptv service is cheaper and have more or less all channels from the whole world, but it's not stable and doesn't always work. Having said that, paying 21 Euro monthly to tv2 just to watch few games is indeed not really worth it.

Odense - Viborg:
First half, minutes 1-23 (775mb): https://www.mediafire.com/file_premium/iffgi4v7f3gfl6b/ODE_VIB1a.mp4/file
First half, minutes 25-29 (90mb): https://www.mediafire.com/file_premium/04vypn65jdpgit7/ODE_VIB1b.mp4/file

Second half (840mb): https://www.mediafire.com/file_premium/w7laiqz2f8mt3g2/ODE_VIB2.mp4/file
Dofer
Dofer

Back to top Go down

Post by InspJuve Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:48 pm

Thanks for this one (y), is there any chance you have recorded the Ikast game as well, day before yesterday (or planning to do that when they repeat it)?

InspJuve

Back to top Go down

Post by Dofer Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:28 pm

Ikast's game was an example for the problems with my iptv service. It stopped working in the second half, and then again in all the replays. But I do have the first half, so I'll upload it now, and I hope to remember recording the second half in the next replay (which is only on Monday, I think). I didn't believe anyone would want to watch it  Very Happy

Skanderborg - Ikast:
First half (853mb): https://www.mediafire.com/file_premium/l20le0cymeky4rm/SKA_IKA1.ts/file
Second half: no Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Dofer on Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dofer
Dofer

Back to top Go down

Post by InspJuve Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:45 pm

Thank you for that, I will definitely watch that if you can do the second half as well. (I am going to watch some games in the hall next week so I can upload some photos in exchange) Shocked

InspJuve

Dofer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dofer Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:50 pm

TV2 cancelled the replay of Skanderborg - Ikast in favor of tennis and their beloved Badminton, so I won't be able to record/upload the second half.

Already getting ready to record Ikast - Odense on Wednesday.
Dofer
Dofer

Back to top Go down

Post by InspJuve Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:18 pm

Dofer wrote:TV2 cancelled the replay of Skanderborg - Ikast in favor of tennis and their beloved Badminton, so I won't be able to record/upload the second half.

Already getting ready to record Ikast - Odense on Wednesday.

Standard... Very Happy Thanks anyway!

InspJuve

Back to top Go down

Post by InspJuve Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:35 pm

Game is about to start Very Happy cyclopsDanish League 23/24 - Page 4 Img_2015
Danish League 23/24 - Page 4 Img_2013
Danish League 23/24 - Page 4 Img_2014

InspJuve

Dofer and MKS like this post

Back to top Go down