Handball123
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danish League 23/24

+6
Mr007
masch1
Anol
Handballer1991
Nomoco
Dofer
10 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Danish League 23/24 - Page 3 Empty Re: Danish League 23/24

Post by masch1 Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:04 pm

Anol wrote:honestly don't think this is any less outrageous

Hm the consequences for the result and play off was much worse last time, on the other hand this time it was not just a fan but board members..

masch1

Anol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anol Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:22 pm

yeah that is what I mean, it's a pretty aggrevating circumstance that it's board members. but the fine back then was also much larger cos of it's impact on the game
Anol
Anol

masch1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anol Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:34 am

Suggestion for a new league structure put forth by representative of the men's and women's league and first divisions.
https://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2024-01-18-ny-ligastruktur-paa-vej-med-faerre-hold-og-flere-nedrykkere

some people are gonna lose their minds over this, especially the "Clubs playing in europe will not enter the Cup until the 1/8 finals

Edit: the gist of this proposal is as follows

Women's league is cut down to 12 teams
the playoff stays the way it is
#9 to 12 play qualification tournament where #9 start the tournament with 6 points, #10 4 points, #11 2 point and finally, you guessed it, #12 0 points. they play home and away.
Two teams are relegated at the end of the qualification tournament

Last edited by Anol on Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Anol
Anol

Dofer and InspJuve like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InspJuve Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:03 am

Anol wrote:Suggestion for a new league structure put forth by representative of the men's and women's league and first divisions.
https://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2024-01-18-ny-ligastruktur-paa-vej-med-faerre-hold-og-flere-nedrykkere

some people are gonna lose their minds over this, especially the "Clubs playing in europe will not enter the Cup until the 1/8 finals

The proposal has multiple wounds, but still makes a bit more sense than the existing schedule. The key point on the Kvindeligaen would be shortening the playoffs by including only the top 4 teams. Functionally 5-8. placed teams never have anything to do with the "fight for the gold". In this scenario they are planning, there will be no more changes but 4 less games in a year, distributed.

InspJuve

Back to top Go down

Post by Anol Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:25 am

InspJuve wrote:The proposal has multiple wounds, but still makes a bit more sense than the existing schedule. The key point on the Kvindeligaen would be shortening the playoffs by including only the top 4 teams. Functionally 5-8. placed teams never have anything to do with the "fight for the gold". In this scenario they are planning, there will be no more changes but 4 less games in a year, distributed.

not entirely true. they would also cut 1-2 games out of the top teams Santander Cup run.
And though I agree with you that we will only see a champion come from 5-8 placed teams once every 100 years. This is also an exercise in what you can get people to agree on. Eliminating the 5-8 placed teams from the playoffs would surely create alot of anger and animosity. What I specifically like about this proposal is that it tears down the protective walls of the league. It'll be much easier to become a kvindeliga team now, eventhough there are fewer team in the league. Hopefully the easier path to the league will lead the top 1.div team to invest more in order to reach the promised land.
Anol
Anol

InspJuve likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InspJuve Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:56 am

Do you mean there were games in the Sandander Cup started earlier than the end of last August for the "big teams"? If not, that makes no difference, since that was the 1/8 round.

Agree here it would be a bit harsh excluding the 5-8 placed teams, but the sore point of the current system is the way too long playoff, with no space to rearrange games, or give the european finalists a few relaxed days before entering the competition again. Last year I was fuming when I saw both Ikast and NFH had only 1 resting day after EL F4 (considering the travel back to Danmark) before playoff games, which they have lost on Wednesday. JJ also emphasised they can not take very seriously the game for the CL 3rd place, since they have an upcoming playoff game against Odense in the Leauge Final.

Now this is the key point needs to be sorted, instead of juggling with 1-2 cup games against an amateur or semi-pro side. And I am saying that because the distribution of the places in the european cups depends on the success of these teams. (Such as the 2nd reserved place in the CL which is related to the highest ranked nation in the EL ranking)

InspJuve

Dofer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anol Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:11 am

yes, teams like esbjerg and Odense do enter the cup before the 1/8 finals. I have attended several of these pointless games between Esbjerg and some 3rd division teams somewhere in westjutland. Just double checked. Esbjerg entered the cup in round 5 where they played Gødvad from the 3rd! division(15.03.2023) and then in the 6th round they played AGF håndbold from the bottom of the 1st division(12.05.2023)

I can tell you that I was also not pleased with the way the DM finals where placed around the final4 in Budapest either. And I agree that there is a problem in terms of the calender. but I think this proposal is the most drastic change you can get people to accept. Ideally the EHF would also limit the amount of games to give the players more rest, but I am not holding breath for that one.
Anol
Anol

Back to top Go down

Post by InspJuve Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:05 pm

The EHF obviously will not do anything for at least these two reasons:
a) fewer games would possibly decrease their revenue
b) the problem is marginal, until the Danish is the only leauge which is
- having a Playoff round
- strong enough to be taken seriously by the top 3(4) teams in the Playoff
- strong enough to nominate the top 3(4) teams to participate and reach F4 in the european cups
- having a leadership not allowing rearrangement of games whilst teams are busy with other (european) duties
- and let's not forget another thing: not resourceful enough, therefore the teams financially can not afford having double as many top class players

complex problem I know.

InspJuve

Back to top Go down

Post by Anol Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:13 pm

But the ehf could easily have the same amount of chl games, but still have fewer games for the individual team. Just a question of changing the format.

Any way, we are moving away from the topic of this thread, so I'll end it there
Anol
Anol

InspJuve likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anol Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:43 pm

Anol
Anol

Dutchfan and InspJuve like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dvsc1902 Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:11 pm

Hey there. Is there any way I can watch Odense's league games on the Internet? I'm from Hungary and I haven't found any possibilities yet, but I like Odense so would like to watch their matches.

dvsc1902

Back to top Go down

Post by InspJuve Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:21 pm

Today's game is not covered by TV in any form of live broadcasting. You can watch it in the hall if you have a chance (Skanderborg).

InspJuve

Back to top Go down

Post by dvsc1902 Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:29 pm

Unfortunately I can't as I'm living in Hungary. But if not today's game, but other games can usually be able to watch somewhere?

dvsc1902

Back to top Go down

Post by masch1 Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:39 pm

dvsc1902 wrote:Unfortunately I can't as I'm living in Hungary. But if not today's game, but other games can usually be able to watch somewhere?

If you go back in this topic, there are some uploads. Otherwise to watch it live you need to pay for tv2 play and also have a vpn as far as I know. But @dutchfan and @dofer will know more about it.

masch1

Back to top Go down

Post by dvsc1902 Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:48 pm

Thank you very much for your help!

dvsc1902

masch1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchfan Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:26 pm

dvsc1902 wrote:Hey there. Is there any way I can watch Odense's league games on the Internet? I'm from Hungary and I haven't found any possibilities yet, but I like Odense so would like to watch their matches.
Hi! Normally it's impossible to watch Danish League games if you don't have a Danish tv2 subscription. If you check https://tophaandbold.dk/livescore and there is a tv2 icon next to the game then tv2 broadcasts it on (sometimes only online?). However, Dofer (our hero) often manages to record some games and shares them in this topic. If you check earlier matches then you can watch some old games from Odense and other teams
Dutchfan
Dutchfan
Admin

https://handball123.actieforum.com

Dofer and dvsc1902 like this post

Back to top Go down

Danish League 23/24 - Page 3 Empty Thanks a lot! :) Dofer is indeed such a hero :)

Post by dvsc1902 Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:44 pm

Dutchfan wrote:
dvsc1902 wrote:Hey there. Is there any way I can watch Odense's league games on the Internet? I'm from Hungary and I haven't found any possibilities yet, but I like Odense so would like to watch their matches.
Hi! Normally it's impossible to watch Danish League games if you don't have a Danish tv2 subscription. If you check https://tophaandbold.dk/livescore and there is a tv2 icon next to the game then tv2 broadcasts it on (sometimes only online?). However, Dofer (our hero) often manages to record some games and shares them in this topic. If you check earlier matches then you can watch some old games from Odense and other teams

dvsc1902

Back to top Go down

Post by dvsc1902 Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:51 pm

Thank you guys for all the help. I don't know if you're from Denmark or just follow their championship, but Danish people left an amazing impression on me. On Saturday, I attended my team's CL game against Odense, and in half time, with one friend we went to some Odense fans and asked for swapping our fan scarfs. They accepted so now I have a beautiful Odense scarf next to my DVSC scarf at home. Thank you once again, if you eventually read it. Smile

dvsc1902

Dutchfan and Dofer like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anol Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:14 pm

the draw for the 5th round of the cup is complete
Esbjerg meet another local team from the 3rd div
Odense meet Hviding if(3rd div)
Sønderjyske meet Team NÆS, Haderslev(danmark serien?)
the rest I'm not sure about
Anol
Anol

Dutchfan and InspJuve like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anol Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:01 pm

the women's clubs respons to the suggested new league structure.
https://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2024-01-25-mange-klubber-er-bekymrede-over-mulig-ny-ligastruktur

personally I find their objection to two direct relagation spots laughable and outright distasteful. too drastic my ass. All they wanna do is limit the risk of their club being relegated. To hell with the 1st division teams and it being exceedingly difficult ever to get into the league. It has basically taken Bjerringbro 10 years to finally qualify for the league. And now they wanna keep the barriers that has kept them out for a decade. Nice!
Anol
Anol

Dutchfan, Dofer and InspJuve like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dofer Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:21 pm

It's almost impossible. Danish teams don't stream their matches. The only tv channel that broadcasts games is the Danish TV2, but you can't watch it without a Danish credit card. Also it shows only about one game each round, so many of Odense's games aren't even broadcasted. Danish people are nice, but TV2 isn't nice for spectators from abroad Crying or Very sad

The only way to watch tv2 live is to subscribe to an iptv underground service, but it's probably too much effort and money just to watch Odense. However, I'm subscribed to such a service and try to upload the recorded games here.
Dofer
Dofer

dvsc1902 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dvsc1902 Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:42 am

Thanks a lot, Dofer! It's a bit disappointing but at least now I see clearly. Also a huge thank you for uploading matches.

dvsc1902

Dofer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by masch1 Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:11 am

Anol wrote:the women's clubs respons to the suggested new league structure.
https://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2024-01-25-mange-klubber-er-bekymrede-over-mulig-ny-ligastruktur

personally I find their objection to two direct relagation spots laughable and outright distasteful. too drastic my ass. All they wanna do is limit the risk of their club being relegated. To hell with the 1st division teams and it being exceedingly difficult ever to get into the league. It has basically taken Bjerringbro 10 years to finally qualify for the league. And now they wanna keep the barriers that has kept them out for a decade. Nice!

Well, you know. From where I stand it's the other way around. 3 top clubs only concerned with themselves (but actually shooting themself in the foot) by trying to limit the talent development and the chances of the NT.

But we've already established, we're not gonna agree about this. Just wanna say I am really pleased the other clubs are objecting (also there are only representatives of the top clubs and mens clubs in this group of people setting forward the suggestion. You could question wether they have their eyes on their own club and league first.

EDIT: I think it would be a good idea with 2 relegated clubs though. And fewer matches for the topteams.

masch1

Back to top Go down

Post by Anol Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:41 am

masch1 wrote: (also there are only representatives of the top clubs and mens clubs in this group of people setting forward the suggestion. You could question wether they have their eyes on their own club and league first.

EDIT: I think it would be a good idea with 2 relegated clubs though. And fewer matches for the topteams.
that's not really correct. there are representatives from both 1.divisions too. and it's not some small volunteer person from the rural area that the big clubs can push around. One of them i Peter Bredstorff Larsen. There is no way that he is gonna let anyone push him around. And notice that I have never said that the big clubs are NOT concerned with themselves. But the narrative that is underlying here, that the smaller clubs are only thinking off what's best for the league and the talent development overall, that narrative, is idiotic and kind of insulting. I don't even blame them that they think of themselves first. I do blame them when they pretend to do something else.

Furthermore I have never personally said that I care how many teams are in the league, just that I want fewer matches. And yeah as you know, I believe that you are mistaking correlation for causation when it comes to the current "success" of the NT and the amount of teams in the league. But we don't have to get into that one again Smile

But at least we do agree on the two relegations spots, I see that as a win Laughing

Last edited by Anol on Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Anol
Anol

Back to top Go down

Post by Anol Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:45 am

regardless, I feel pretty convinced that the outcome of this will be that they keep 14 teams, teams playing in europe enter the cup later, and maybe even a restructuring of the playoffs. which could easily yield the same reduction in matches per year
Anol
Anol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next